Wednesday, April 29, 2009
now i just wish she'd actually guard us instead of barking at leaves and squirrels and the dog across the street. when people walk in the house she barks so quietly i wouldn't hear it if she wasn't trying to hide under my legs... silly dog, have to love her though
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
she'll go to the vet on thursday so we'll find out exactly how big she's gotten in the past month. she was about a pound and a half just after st. patrick's day so she's definitely growing quickly, although, she'll always be super small compared to rockne the horsey doggie.
i guess that's all for tonight, keep your prayers with sara through her surgery on friday, luv ya seester!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
it is his first birthday so we tred to get a few things he could play with now as well as a few things he'll grow into over the next year, the blocks will probably end up being thrown or chewed on or knocked around now but the puppy is soft and cuddly and he'll be able to push the trike and trucks until he's a bit more stable on his feet. all in all i think we did a good job for me not planning on getting anything until a couple days ago and brian wanting to get everything in sight! i guess that's all for now, i hope hunter has a great birthday and easter (and that i get to see some pictures of him and his dad playing) g'nite everyone!
ps. let's hope brian isn't in jail by the end of the weekend... don't ask
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
- service & food quality - superb
- steamed (aka. white) rice - good, not overcooked, a bit too sticky for the boys, they'd prefer smaller clumps but if you're the chopstick using type it's great
- crab rangoon - one of the few time denise has actually been able to taste the crab, yay!
- pot stickers - a bit on the pricey side, 5.95 for 6, but the meat was very tasty, they were steamed then fried to perfection, the only down side was that the acompanying sauce wasn't as good as the sauce at OG (the chinese takeout we use as the 'constant' for our project, also the only restaurant we've been able to find something that everyone likes and that everyone feels is a good value for the price)
- general tso's chicken - the best we've had, crispy fried outside with delicious tender insides, fantastic sauce (that tasted great on the potstickers) but a small portion for the price, roughly 1/2 the size of OG's portion
- mongolian beef - good sauce, skimpy on the meat that, once separated from the onions and peppers, wasn't really a portion and had a very onion-y after taste
- sizzling rice soup (soup for 2 according to the menu) - not really a 2 person portion but denise did have leftovers, a decent soup but denise will try something different next time
- egg roll - smaller than OG's egg roll but josh thought it tasted better
- shrimp toast - some of the best i've had, it seemed like the shrimp had been made into a paste then put on the toast and fried but it tasted fantastic, not too greasy or fishy, just a good piece of toast
- fortunes - a bit on the lame side, see for yourself: