Friday, January 1, 2010

resolutions...

i know that some consider resolutions to be cliche so i'm giving myself a to-do list (i do love the to-do list). and no, it's not standard resolution things that have no exact definition of completion like 'lose weight' or 'spend less' because losing one pound would techinically count and i don't like that idea. my list won't just be a list that i've blogged, i've got a physical reminder of the list:
it's a forget-me-knot ring, HA (punny). anywho, so my list:
1.) pay off all of our credit card debt
2.) hang the pendant lights i purchased in 2008 over my kitchen peninsula and remove the cabinet that blocks their hanging
3.) remove part of our wall-to-wall closet and build in a workspace
4.) lose 45 pounds
there's loads of other things i'd like to do: visit my aunt in florida, remodel our basement bathroom, paint the garage floor, paint the living room, work harder on my own business, plan an amazing fundraiser for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law to help cover the cost of international adoption and raise some money for children of Uganda and start our family (ie: have a baby). there are so many things that need to be done in order to accomplish most of these things and finishing some with help the others (training for more 5ks will help with the weight loss) but most importantly i want my friends and family to know that they're loved and that having them around makes everything else possible.

No comments: